|Bonine Funeral Home was founded on November 1, 1893 as the Easterday Funeral
Home, by William S. Easterday. Mr. Easterday operated the funeral home at 108 N.
Main Street in Culver, Indiana, until his death. In 1946, William R. Easterday, who had
joined his father in the firm in 1933, continued the business.
In 1960, James and Rosalie Bonine became part of the firm. The Bonines purchased
the funeral home in 1963 and it became Easterday-Bonine Funeral Home until the
name was later changed to Bonine Funeral Home. In 1966, the funeral home was
relocated to its present location at 104 E. Lakeshore Drive.
In 1996, the Bonine Funeral Home was honored by the Marshall County Historical
Society with the Centennial Business Award and the Marshall County Historic
Landmark Award for the Funeral Home building.
In August 2000, Gregory & Karen Odom, along with their son, Andrew, became
associated with the Bonine Funeral Home.
In April 2004, the Odoms purchased the funeral home and it became Bonine-Odom
Funeral Home, Inc., continuing a 111 year old tradition of service to the
Marshall-Starke-Pulaski- and Fulton County areas.
In September 2009, the Odoms again changed the business name to Odom Funeral
Home following the retirement of the Bonines.