What do you say at a memorial service?
What to Say to the Family
- “I’m so sorry about your loss. [The deceased] was a good man and he’ll be very missed.”
- “Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss.”
- “[The deceased] was a wonderful person and I’ll miss him very much.”
- “My name is [your name] and I worked with [the deceased] for several years.
How do you comment on a funeral service?
If you find yourself wondering what to say at a funeral, here are 25 ideas to consider. 1. I’m Sorry for Your Loss.
- I’m Sorry for Your Loss.
- She Will Be Missed.
- He Was a Wonderful Person.
- Tell a Sweet Story.
- I’m Here for You.
- I’m Thinking About You.
- Express Your Love.
What to say at funerals condolences?
When in doubt, say one of these sympathy messages below.
- I’m sorry for your loss.
- [Name] was a loved community member. We will all miss them.
- Your family is in my thoughts and prayers at this time.
- Let me know if you need anything right now. I’m here for you.
- I have fond memories of your [relationship to the deceased].
How do you start a funeral speech?
- Start with opening remarks (introduce yourself and give your relationship to the deceased).
- If you are an immediate family member, thank attendees (especially those who have traveled a great distance).
- If you are not a family member, express your condolences.
What is a good scripture for a memorial service?
Matthew 5:4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” John 14:18 “I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.”
What do you say at an opening prayer for a funeral?
Dear Lord, We are so grateful that you have made us all in your own image, giving us gifts and talents with which to serve you. Thank you for (loved one’s name) life, and all the years we shared with him/her. We lift him/her to you today, in honour of the good we saw in him/her and the love we felt from him/her.
What is eulogy example?
Here is a eulogy example for your father: My dad was my hero. He could make every person feel like they were the most important person in the world. I will miss you, Dad, and I’ll always hold onto the amazing memories we shared together.